How do version numbers work?
When you purchase a copy of Studiometry you are entitled to free updates for the entire main version number that you purchase. For example, if you purchase Studiometry 8.x, you will receive free updates for Studiometry 8.1, 8.1.1, 8.2, etc.
Once per year we release an optional upgrade that includes a large amount of new features, in this example it would be version 9.x. Existing users have two options of what they can do when a pay-for upgrade is release:
- They can purchase the upgrade for a discounted price and then receive free subsequent updates, such as 9.0.1, 9.1, etc.
- They can continue using 8.x indefinitely and ignore Studiometry 9.x, because they own Studiometry 8.x and the license never expires.
How do I upgrade to a new version?
Upgrades to new versions can be purchased directly from our store at:
Studiometry will automatically create a backup of your data with all of the settings from the previous version whenever you run a new version of the software. To install a new version of Studiometry:
- Quit your current version of Studiometry
- Download the new version of Studiometry from: http://www.oranged.net/studiometry/download
- Follow the installation instructions included in the download file
- When you launch Studiometry, if your license does not include the new version you will be given a new 30-day trial with your data intact. You can at any point purchase an upgrade license to continue using the new version of Studiometry with your data.
If you have accidentally upgraded to a new version of Studiometry that your license does not cover, and you would like to go back to your old version of Studiometry, please see this post: